The PEI Wildlife Conservation Fund Committee considers applications twice each year, in the spring (February) and again in the fall (October). The application deadlines for 2019 are 4 February and 7 October at 5:00 pm. Application and report forms along with application guidelines can be accessed from this website, or from the fund administrator, Island Nature Trust.
The proposed projects must benefit wildlife on Prince Edward Island. Projects should fit into one of five work priority categories:
- Habitat restoration or enhancement – must contribute to the improvement of wildlife habitat in river, upland or wetland ecosystems
- Natural areas – must contribute to the improvement or expansion of designated natural areas for wildlife in PEI
- Education – must contribute to a better understanding and/or appreciation of wildlife among a segment of the Island public
- Research and monitoring – must contribute to our knowledge of wildlife or wildlife habitat in PEI
- Other – must have value for wildlife or wildlife habitat in PEI